Thursday, July 23, 2009

Capsule NYC: Recap

Showroom...
Garbstore Parka
Garbstore field jacket
Garbstore denim sport coat
Yuketen Crepe Loafer
Yuketen range-
So CAPSULE NYC was this past Monday/Tuesday and I went out to NYC to take a peak at the collections, meet some new and old friends, and do a little business on the side. Overall the show was pretty well stocked with a lot of familiar faces and lines for the upcoming spring season. My personal favorites were the brands who I have not had much exposure to here in Chicago or even online. Yuketen, Garbstore, Folk, and Post'Overalls were my personal favorites from the venue. It's always nice to be excited about a brand that you have never seen, and when you finally do, they don't disappoint, they actually exceed your expectations...
However, as great as the show was, the garments and accessories, and even the hot models walking around my hotel (Thompson LES, bad ass BTW), all paled in comparison to the new people I've met over the trip. I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for so many of these people that it slays me to have had the conversations I did! So down to earth, funny, hard working, and charismatic that I just sat back on the flight home, thinking... it was all a dream (baby-baby, uhhh!) But in all seriousness, these people just had no idea how much they inspire me! It was truly an honor guys and I look forward to the future! Big shout out to @gblyss, @AllPlaidOut, @BillyKirkInc, @PTLDME, @Emil/TheHill-Side, @ApolisActivism, @StreetEtiquette, @h(y)r, @BrandonMCapps, @contextclothing, @folk, @Ian from Garbstore, @Chris from Folk, @Andrew from 3Sixteen, and many more...

1 comments:

Joe said...

The Field Coat is my pick...please.