Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Well Worn | Randy's Red Wings




So these are my Father's Red Wings... these boots (well not these exact boots, but a pair similar to these every six months or so) helped pay for my toys, teach me how to drive, and helped my stubborn ass pay for college. My Father is an electrician, farmer, and all-around fixer of broken things...and most definitely a proud Iowan. These boots are a visual token of the amount of hard work my father does on a daily basis; and they also reaffirm where I get my work ethic from. Thanks Dad!

4 comments:

s.hausen said...

Im confused... Are you saying your dad blew thru a pair of Red Wings every 6 months? wow.

Ryan said...

yeah...manual labor's a bitch... he doesn't completly wear through them, but he transitions out of them into a newer pair for work and then the nasty ones stay at the farm... he can't look like a homeless person at the job site...

s.hausen said...

Narly! Should i post my pops worn out red wings to? hes got like 3 pairs in the garage just worn to pieces.

Ryan said...

s.h- yeah man post them up...these are fairly new..maybe two months...