Monday, January 31, 2011

Frogman 5512






Clyde A Thomas "Frogman Extraordinaire" 10-12-43 to 4-30-74
Clyde was one of the original Navy UDT's (Underwater Demolition Team) in WWII.  He also participated in the famous Richard E Byrd's Antarctic Expedition 1946.  Google his name and you will find excerpts about him in the book  "Hunters & Shooters: an Oral History of the US Navy Seals...and in a article titled "The Last Frogman" in The Free Lance Star.  The sub is in fantastic condition.  Original matte black dial.

4 comments:

Justin said...

Badass watch, acrylic face! Now that is OG.

Adrian said...

I somehow feel my life would be complete if I had that on my wrist.

Hemanth said...

Who will start the bidding at say $100K?

Tracy Smith said...

Clyde A Thomas was my grandfather. I never met him and this is awesome to see.