Sunday, March 13, 2011

HERMES - Festival Des Métiers




























Craftsmanship does not describe the work HERMES does.  For the entire year of 2011, HERMES has pulled their craftsman out of their factories to show the world the work that goes into their products. The Festival Des Métiers is currently in Chicago and I had the opportunity to view and learn about how these artisans craft these amazing works of art.  Although some of their garments are not my style per se, I respect anything and everything with this level of quality behind it.  In particular to learn that a silkscreen for one scarf takes 1600 man hours (or in this case women) to create is something you will find no where else.  It's beautiful to watch and learn about these items, but for me it's even better to wear and feel something from Hermes.

*Please view and feel free to use any of this imagery.  Keep in mind I worked very hard to get my camera into this event to share these with you so please link to this post.  Thanks in advance!

6 comments:

Isaac said...

Great photos. I feel the same way about Hermes. I have a few of their ties - some fantastic, somewhat understated prints.

As much as they have an amazing standard of craftsmanship, I'd have to be a Russian oligarch to kit myself out with stuff in their price range.

unitedstyle said...

Beautiful photos. They are one of the last "fashion" brands that still make quality goods, unlike so many that have abandoned manufacturing in their home countries.

Albert said...

Wonderful coverage

Trés Awesome a Chicago Street Style Blog said...

These photos are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I am officially following you now. Take a look at my post on the event here

http://www.tresawesome.com/2011/03/hermes-festival-of-craft.html

Trés Awesome - Chicago Street Style Blog

Ryan E. Plett said...

Thanks, glad you like them, and thanks for following!

jgoode1028 said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing it.