Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yuketen Maine Guide Mid Mocs



Really liking the leather on these mid-height Maine Guide Boots.  After seeing this along with some of the other new crazy leathers they have developed for F/W2011; this one is a standout as well with it's extremely "pull-ible" leather which lightens from the slightest bit of rubbing.  This is caused from a ton of oils used in the leathers tannage that when stretched or "pulled" becomes lighter as the oils separate.  The leather (of course) was created here in Chicago at Horween, which is really cool to see in person.  Anyways, the other key point for me is the slightly shorter height on these guys... the higher cut on my Maine Guides are nice in the winter, but I never tie them the entire way up and it limits my ability to walk and bend as I'd like.  So these could come in quite handy for shooting and urban jungle crawling...

3 comments:

i am misanthropic, but i do like... said...

i WANT these. i spent 15 minutes drooling over them on the context website last night. sigh. the funds are not available.
but keep posting....maybe they will make it to SF or SUFU marketplace(s) and i can afford them!

Gabriel said...

These are really nice.

Michael g said...

Yuketen continues to impress. I think they have passed Quoddy, as my favorite casual shoe company. Have you seen the Country Loafer?http://www.tresbienshop.net/brand/yuketen/country-loafer-chicago

These are next purchase for me, so ill. I love the maine guide but too much like my red wings, which I love to hate due to the fact that they lace so high. Mobility is key in my footwear. Speaking of, have you tried those Nike Free's? Thoughts?