Thursday, June 9, 2011

Travel: Greenwich Hotel NYC








After a recent trip to NYC, I began to really miss my short time spent at the Greenwich Hotel.  Mostly because of what was there and at the same time, not there... Details were spot on, vintage furniture, easy to navigate layout, and personal touches to show gratitude for staying with them.  Walking you to your room, hand-written notes, fresh oatmeal pies awaiting you in your room, and even free snacks and water in your fridge (unheard of).  The courtyard is gorgeous and a small smoking-room style cocktail bar is relaxing and motivating at the same time, with beautiful people and most likely mad-rich people.  This is not a cheap hotel stay in NYC, but this an amazing escape from the typical NYC hustled stay, and if you're traveling with the lady in your life, the spa and the simple "tumblr-esqe" photo worthy rooms will likely impress.  Overall I love the hotel, could live there pending my lottery win, and if you're looking for a truly unique and relaxing stay, head down to this Tribeca gem.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Nice pics and amazing hotel. You won't find something similar in Germany. Not yet...

J.M. said...

Looks like an amazing hotel. Ryan, you have anywhere in Boston you would recommend? I'm going up for a few nights and wanted to try something different, something similar to the vibe I get when I stay at longman & eagle.

Look said...

you might try xv beacon, although that's quite a bit more expensive

J.M. said...

In town complimentary lexus rides are a bit much for my taste. Not that I think I wouldn't enjoy it.

fine little home said...

how swell-e-gant! so many fine details, every hotel/accommodation should take notes. it's the simple touches that make all the difference and you photographed them perfectly.